Other Relevant Codes of Conduct
Below is a list of selected articles that informed the development of the NGO Code of Conduct for Health Systems Strengthening. Some are available via the Web links provided while others can be found in common medical and public health journals.
- Hilhorst D. “Dead letter or living document? Ten years of the Code of Conduct for Disaster Relief,” Disasters. December 2005; Volume 29, Number 4: pgs. 351-69.
- Paris High-Level Forum 2005. Paris Declaration on Aid Effectiveness. Ownership, Harmonisation, Alignment, Results & Mutual Accountability. Paris; Feb. 28-Mar 2, 2005. (Download PDF.)
- Ministry of Health of Mozambique. “Code of Conduct Governing the Partnership Between the Ministry of Health and Non-Governmental Organizations.” 2005.
- Cabassi J. Renewing Our Voice: Code of Good Practice for NGOs Responding to HIV/AIDS. (Download PDF.) Geneva. The NGO HIV/AIDS Code of Practice Project; 2004.
- International Non-Governmental Organisations. “INGO Accountability Charter.” 2003. (Web Site.)
- World Association of Non-Governmental Organizations (WANGO). “Code of Ethics and Conduct for NGOs.” (Web Site); 2002.
- Uganda National NGO Forum. “NGO Code of Conduct.” April 25, 2001.
- BOCONGO (Botswana Council of Non-Governmental Organizations). “Code of Conduct.” 2001.
- SANGOCO (South African National NGO Coalition). “Code of Ethics for NGOs.” Braamfontein, South África, 2001.
- “NGO code to push ethical conduct,” The Namibian. October 25, 1999.
- International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies. “Code of Conduct for The International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and NGOs in Disaster Relief.” 1994. (Web site.)